The Client Valuations Group (CVG) is a part of the Quantitative Services organization in Global Operations Shared Operations. CVG is global team supporting the production and distributions of client valuation statements for Global Banking and Markets clients, ensuring Compliance with the enterprise Client Valuation Policy and application regulatory obligations. CVG is a ‘cross product’ function providing coverage for both cash and derivative products across FICC and Equity. As a result, CVG offers exposure to a number of products and systems while providing teammates the opportunity to develop relationships with Sales, Trading, Compliance, Legal, and Technology.
This role in Client Valuations Group will have responsibility for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of client valuation statements across Fixed-Income products including but not limited Structured Products (ABS, CMBS, CDO, CLO), Corporate Bonds, Distressed Bonds, Municipal Bonds, and Par & Distressed Loans. Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients as well as Salesperson/Marketer to establish valuation requirements.
- Administer client access and user profiles for appropriate statement delivery and / or application access consistent with client request and in compliance with CVG procedures and the enterprise Client Valuation Policy.
- Manage Non-STP client delivery as required, including execution consistent with relevant approvals and supporting documentation.
- Investigate valuation queries across the different product groups as required, including various data analysis and stakeholder escalation and engagement.
- Ensure client valuation support and delivery consistent with control framework of the team, including applicable PRC’s (Process, Risks, Controls) and additional CVG procedures.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise for technology deliverables, performing testing, and contributing to post-implementation reviews.
- Provide timely and accurate client service, responding to client needs & queries in an efficient manner; participate in client services initiatives.
- Actively participate as a member of the team including various products, initiatives, and ad hoc tasks.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Experience with data management / analysis, GBAM client service, or valuations/pricing/analytical experience.
- Leveraging Technology: Demonstrated capacity to use multiple and complex technology platforms to manage information and achieve business objectives.
- Technical Skills: Meaningful experience with various MS office products, including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong client service skills: CVG is client facing, with material engagement and partnership Sales, Trading, Compliance, Legal and other internal stakeholders. Confident and highly professional written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Time management/organization skills: The group has peak periods where volumes are high — during these periods it is imperative that all individuals are able to manage their workload effectively and prioritize as necessary.
- Teamwork: The group has to work efficiently as a team to function. It is essential that each individual member shares information with the rest of the team and can communicate and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and react promptly under pressure at peak periods.
- Strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational risk.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of information and its impact in operational areas.
- Ability to transform large amounts of data and information into short and concise presentations with sound business conclusions and recommendations.
- Fixed-Income Product Knowledge: Understanding of broad range of products.
Enterprise Role Overview:Works as part of a broader team on delivery of quantitative projects. Will work under the guidance of a senior team member; However expectation is that they would be self-starter who can work under minimal supervision. Interacts with cross functional teams to optimize tools & process flows. Will leverage strong quantitative and programming skills to build deep knowledge of the banks pricing & risk libraries and infrastructure. Key responsibilities include:Assist in the development of financial modelling tools for derivative products, applying the theory and mathematics behind various models; Builds out analytical and technical tools for validations of new models/methodology with minimal oversight; Develops reporting of various risk metrics complied with business and regulatory requirements; and Understands financial products across all asset classes and has extensive knowledge of technical implementations. Must have a bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with knowledge of probability, statistics and stochastic processes. Advanced degree preferred
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.