This role is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Technical Services department which includes oversight of Consumer Relations & Technical Services customer support.
Responsible for leading the Technical Service Department by providing technical support for the internal (Sales, Marketing, and Product Engineering) and external (contractors, installers, distributors) stakeholders. Plans, directs, develops, supervises, and coordinates activities to the end goal of providing “Best in Class” customer satisfaction. Also responsible for oversight and providing support for Consumer Relations complaints and inquiries, turning into opportunities for excellence and supports field personnel through customer incident handling and communications.
Interacts as necessary with the Product Engineering Department on Product Development related activities, field problems, technical literature writing, and repair parts offering. Interacts with Quality teams and Warranty Department to drive product improvements and enhancements. Works collaboratively with cross-functional departments to provide insight, feedback, and direction to help drive improvements and enhancements in our digital tools.
Responsible for achieving success by meeting or exceeding common contact center metrics and defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Supervise all consumer relations activities and responsibilities, including properly assisting consumers by addressing all inquiries via phone, email or chat. Address appropriate product-related questions, directing and guiding the customer, providing responses that ensure their safety is of highest priority.
- Supervise the Technical Services Personnel to ensure prompt, accurate, and consistent information is being transmitted such as:
- Product description and operation
- Clarification boiler specifications and installation information
- Wiring, piping and control diagrams
- Troubleshooting and field visits when necessary
- Current and obsolete repair parts identification
- Obsolete Boiler identification and tracking
- Work with the Product Engineering Department to evaluate new and changing products and provide input from the Technical Services Department.
- Identify and recommend appropriate parts for aftermarket kit creation.
- Review technical literature development for all products and recommend changes as necessary. This includes product manuals, technical bulletins, and other installation instructions.
- Suggest potential improvements to current and new products through the Engineering Change Order Requests process and assist Product Engineering when necessary in implementing the changes to products.
- Provides technical training support to W-M personnel when required.
- Informs Product Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Marketing of suspected applications or design problems
- Consult with Product Engineering and Marketing on new product development effects on:
- Boiler Applications
- Technical Literature
- After Sales Service
- Technical Ramifications
- Collaborate with Marketing to publish regular service and technical bulletins.
- Ensure accurate and complete data entry of all incidents as CRM cases, and manage team to escalation process as defined for follow-up
- Evaluates CRM dashboards and Tech & Consumer Relations queues as staffing adjustments are needed during peak call times.
- Assist with Knowledge Article creation and management in CRM for consistent case handling.
- Manage all phone call and live chat related activity in XIMA, managing team to the expected individual and team SLAs.
- Perform special projects assignments at the direction of Customer Experience Director related to the development of standard procedures for the field sales offices and for the proper training of field sales staff in systems, policies, procedures, and customer queries/problems.
- Perform the duties of a Technical Services Specialist as business demands or other business needs arise.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Director, Customer Experience.
- Participate in School of Better of Heating to aid in transfer of boiler installation and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Participate in the Warranty Review Board process and regularly interact with the Warranty Department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Prefer 5-10 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Field Service of HVAC Equipment
- Boiler repair and installation, a plus
- Personnel Management
- Strong background in English grammar, communications
- Management experience
- Experience in customer relations a plus
- Well trained in product knowledge and company organization
- Experience using CRM tools such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce
- Experience using contact center software such as Chronicall or Twilio
- Demonstrates strong negotiating, problem identification and resolution skills
- Demonstrates strong organization and prioritizing skills, including following up on her/his own needed actions
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrates teamwork abilities, as well as persistence when dealing with customers, attorneys, and with internal departments, such as Engineering, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and the field
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and arrive at creative win/win solutions
- Demonstrates ability to maintain thoughtfulness and composure in adverse situations
- Demonstrates strong self-starting abilities
- Able to handle stressful environment on a daily basis
- Repetitive movement; heavy computer usage
- Repetitive use of headset.