Develop and administer plan Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and standards. Foster awareness, engagement and accountability for EHS initiatives. Direct plan EHS activities to prevent injuries and assure good standing with regulatory requirements. This includes but is not limited to, reports, assessments, investigations, audits, and program implementation.
- Be an active member of the plant leadership team
- Lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs, aligned with Amcor's EHS standards.
- Foster a proactive and positive plant safety culture
- Identify and leverage best practices by collaborating across the EHS network
- Lead EHS planning at the facility, including goal setting, prioritizing facility safety and compliance needs, capital and operating expenses related to EHS, and establishing adequate systems for tracking results and continuous improvement.
- Partner with site and department leaders and employees on implementation of EHS initiatives
- Ensure a proper plant compliance plan exists to ensure awareness of, and good standing with, regulatory and Amcor EHS requirements.
- Conduct and/or coordinate EHS inspections and self-assessments to assure compliance with Amcor global EHS standards, Business Group EHS requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Provide progress reports, as appropriate, to plant management team, employees and extended management teams, as necessary
- Coordinate resources to ensure plan EHS requirements are understood and satisfied
- Maintain records, data and other EHS related information necessary to satisfy legislative and company requirements
- Work with plan team and engineering function to design, install and maintain new or modified equipment/processes as necessary to ensure EHS risks are well managed
- Provide training and information to all employees as needed to satisfy regulatory and Amcor EHS requirements
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and annual review of EHS policies/procedures and initiatives to foster and maintain a strong safety culture
- Perform and/or coordinate plant monitoring activities (e.g: noise, chemicals, etc) necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory and company EHS requirements
- Oversee the facility incident investigation process to ensure incidents are reported in a timely manner, investigations are conducted properly, root causes are identified, and corrective actions re tracked to closure
- Plan, develop, deliver and coordinate effective EHS training to plant employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors, as necessary, to satisfy regulatory and company EHS requirements and assure proper EHS awareness
- Coordinate and support environmental compliance activities, such as emissions control, waste disposal, etc.
- Degree in EHS, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or similar required
- Relevant certifications preferred, (Certified Safety Professional, Industrial Hygienist, Hazardous Materials Manager, etc)
- 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in industry
- Experience implementing critical safe work programs and practices (LOTO, machine guarding, confined space entry, work at heights, electrical work, etc)
- Proficiency in applicable EHS codes, standards, regulations, etc
- Experience interacting with EHS related regulatory agencies
- Travel as required, estimated at no more than 20%