The Client Valuations Operations (CVO) team is a part of the Quantitative Services organization in Global Operations. CVO is global team supporting the production and distributions of client valuation statements for Global Banking and Global Markets clients, ensuring compliance with the enterprise Client Valuation Policy and application regulatory obligations. CVO is a ‘cross product’ function providing coverage for both cash and derivative products across FICC and Equity. As a result, CVO offers exposure to a number of products and systems while providing teammates the opportunity to develop relationships with Sales, Trading, Compliance, Legal, and Technology.
This role in CVO is a Team Lead position with responsibility for delivery of timely and accurate client valuation statements across OTC derivative products including but not limited Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, FX products, and Commodities. Candidates must be both capable of, and comfortable with, confidently engaging and communicating with both derivative counterparties and across many levels of the bank. CVO is a high volume and intensive function, such that candidates must be prepared accordingly. Responsibilities:
- Serve as the delivery lead for the US OTC Client Valuation Operations team, including directing the daily operational support across several US based associates and our GBS partners.
- Liaise with clients, counterparties, sales, and relevant legal and compliance partners to establish valuation onboarding and delivery requirements.
- Ensure effective administration of client access and user profiles for appropriate statement delivery and / or application access consistent with client request and in compliance with CVO procedures and the enterprise Client Valuation Policy.
- Manage Non-STP client delivery as required, including execution consistent with relevant approvals and supporting documentation.
- Proactively investigate valuation queries across the different product groups as required, including various data analysis and stakeholder escalation and engagement.
- Ensure client valuation support and delivery consistent with control framework of the team, including applicable Single Process Inventory (SPI) and additional CVO procedures.
- Develop and provide subject matter expertise for technology deliverables, performing testing, and contributing to post-implementation reviews.
- Provide timely and accurate client service, responding to client needs & queries in an efficient manner; participate in client services initiatives.
- Actively participate as a member of the team including various products, initiatives, and ad hoc tasks
- The Team Lead must have the ability to consistently prioritize and organize workload and react promptly under pressure at peak periods.
- The team has peak periods where volumes are high; during these periods it is imperative that the Team Lead manage the workflow and priorities to ensure the team is able execute accordingly.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Strong client service skills: CVO is client facing, with material engagement and partnership Sales, Trading, Compliance, Legal and other internal stakeholders.
- Technical Skills: Meaningful experience with various MS office products, including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to interpret large amounts of information and its impact in operational areas.
- Time management/organization skills.
- Confident and highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills across various levels in the organization are critical.
- Demonstrated capacity to use multiple and complex technology platforms to manage information and achieve business objectives.
- Ability to transform large amounts of data and information into short and concise presentations with sound business conclusions and recommendations.
- OTC Derivative Product Knowledge: Understanding of broad range of products.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational risk.
Enterprise Role Overview:
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
Leads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. May provide technical leadership. Interacts extensively with internal or external contacts to identify, research, analyse and resolve complex problems or to develop, sell or service significant revenue-generating products. Has extensive functional or professional knowledge. Key Responsibilities:
Develops financial modelling tools for derivative products, applying the theory and mathematics behind various models. Builds out analytical and technical tools for validations of new models/methodology. Provides in-depth impact analysis or scenario analysis of quantitative measurements. Develops reporting of various risk metrics complied with business and regulatory requirements. Understands financial products across all asset classes and has extensive knowledge of technical implementations. Posses advanced degree in physic, applied mathematics, statistics/probability or another heavy quantitative discipline.