LOB Specific Description:
The Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) & Derivative Core Operations (FDCO) team perform end to end trade control, confirmation, and settlements processes across FICC businesses and provides utility OTC derivative confirmation and settlement services for non FICC businesses. Within FDCO, the teams provide multiple services such as FICC trade control, Foreign Exchange (FX) electronic matching and settlement, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation and settlement, and commodities operations. Job Description:
The Treasury and Agency Trade Support team offers Trade Support and Control services to the U.S. Treasury, Agency, & Short End Desks. This role will offer the associate the opportunity to take on a leadership role related to the services and staff that support the Treasury, Agency, and Short End Desks. In addition, to ensure broader coverage and stability, the associate will also have an opportunity to learn and train on how to support other products and processes performed across the entire US Treasury and Global Financing and Futures support teams.
A strong knowledge of the products and business processes is required to ensure proper leadership presence and sounds decision making. These include a wide array of Treasury and Agency securities, as well as related Futures, Options, and trading strategies. Associates will also be responsible for performing existing Trade Support processes as well as drive trade capture projects and coordinate implementation across multiple platforms, functions, and products.
Primary responsibilities include trade entry, capture, reconciliation, and reporting. The associate should have a good working knowledge of various rates-centric fixed income products and their lifecycles. The associate will be expected to collaborate with our support partners to maintain, develop, and implement effective globally uniform workflow controls. Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include trade capture and lifecycle event processing.
- Supporting various Treasury and Agency fixed income products and trade types and performing daily reconciliations to ensure that the team operates in a safe and controlled environment to minimize operational risk.
- Responsible for Trade Capture, Trade validation and Trade Event Lifecycle management and reporting
- Ensure correct P&L and Risk calculations, intraday and end of day.
- Deliver support for new products and initiatives, define requirements for Trade support and be able to influence peers and business partners.
- Act as a natural first point of contact for the Front Office, P&L team, other Business partners and the Bank’s customers.
- Candidate must be able to drive trade capture projects and coordinate implementation across multiple platforms and groups.
- Associate will also perform trade analytics to resolve trade queries and measure and control day-to-day operating environment.
- Monitor trade activity to ensure trades are matched and sent for settlement processing.
- Work on ad hoc requests from various business partners e.g., BCO, Compliance and Audit.
- Provide support for the Fed Operations e.g., US Treasury Auctions and Coupon Purchases.
- Interest in working closely with traders and sales to manage the production flow.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Knowledge of Treasury and Agency fixed income products, and related Futures and Options.
- Knowledge of Trade capture and Trade Control processes.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Must be a highly motivated team player who can be flexible in her/his approach and able/willing to question existing procedures and processes to improve them.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude necessary to create good relationships with traders, management, other business partners and the Bank’s customers.
- Minimum of 5 years + of applicable experience (e.g., Operations, Middle Office, Risk, Trading).
- VBA and/or SQL skills a plus.
- Must be able to fully understand the impact of current and future IT developments on existing Trade Support processes and play a role in their implementation.
- Can see the big picture, to identify non-optimal processes, to propose solutions and to implement them within timelines and cost constraints.
Enterprise Role Overview:Supports sales and/or trading desks. Responsible for trade capture and resolving trade discrepancies. Liaises between trading, trade support, sales, counterparties, counterparty credit, operations, and compliance. Participates in the introduction and UAT of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls. Handles ad hoc requests from clients and the desk. Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes. Key Responsibilities:Supervises support provided by the TA/SA function to FO desks. Responsible for trade capture and reporting, advising Front Office of position adjustments and/or discrepancies. Supports ongoing trade maintenance and reporting. Performs a liaison function between multiple business partners and the trading desk. Provides analyses when required by the desk. Provides general team guidance, will provide input on recruiting and be part of performance management process. Will typically have 7+ years of trading floor experience and an in-depth knowledge of supported business.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect, and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.