The Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) & Derivative Core Operations (FDCO) team perform end to end trade control, confirmation and settlements processes across FICC businesses and provides utility OTC derivative confirmation and settlement services for non FICC businesses.
Within FDCO, the teams provide multiple services such as FICC trade control, Foreign Exchange (FX) electronic matching and settlement, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation and settlement, and commodities operations.
Trading Assistant and Control for the US Rates Swaps Desk concentrating in vanilla interest rate products. Supports sales and/or trading desks. Responsible for trade capture and resolving trade discrepancies. Liaises between trading, trade support, sales, counterparties, counterparty credit, operations, and compliance. Participates in the introduction and UAT of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls. Handles ad hoc requests from clients and the desk.
The associate will liaise extensively with business partners ranging from Sales/Trading, Compliance, Operations, Supervision, P&L Control, Finance and Market Risk who are located across NY, Charlotte, Chester, U.K. and India.
FDCO Trade Control Professional supporting the US Rates Desk will provide Trade Control services to the desk, ranging from providing Trade Capture/Trade Validation/Trade Reconciliation support to providing analysis of the infrastructure used to support the desk and working with the business and partners on continuously improving the support model.
Trade Control Professional within the US Rates space will:
• Support trade validation and capture, position control and risk validation, process client allocations and amendments, monitor trade clearing status and focus on meeting real time reporting requirements.
• Thoroughly analyze and process End of Day (EOD) New Business Reconciliation and tie out between the bank’s system of record and trading desk blotter.
• Work with the business on assessing the effectiveness of the support infrastructure and suggest process improvements and automation ideas.
• Manage ongoing trade maintenance while contributing to the implementation of improvements to the system infrastructure and control environment
• Focus on minimizing operational risk associated with providing support services to the business – this includes working closely with Operations Risk & Control partners on maintaining a sustainable operational-event-free environment.
• Analyze data and build reporting in order to highlight opportunities for enhancing/improving existing processes and the infrastructure/systems that support trading activity.
Must have these skills to be minimally qualified.
5+ years of applicable Trading Assistant & Control experience in derivatives, specifically Mortgages products, at an investment firm or bank.
Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes.
It is important the candidate understand swaps, futures, and treasury products and their respective trading/hedging strategies and life-cycle events. Have throrough understanding of Trade Capture, P&L, curve construction and risk.
Team support and leadership skills.
Ability to work with the Front Office and support partners to address and resolve issues. Ability to multi-task. Continuously maintain a control function mindset. Extremely motivated and goal seeking with ability to work in fast pace/pressure environment. Strong problem solving ability with willingness to grow his/her skills dynamically. Takes initiative.
Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills. Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills.
Expert PC skills with high proficiency using Excel.
Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in either of Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or Economics.
∙ Ability to work with the Front Office and support partners to address and resolve issues.
∙ Ability to multi-task.
∙ Continuously maintain a control function mindset.
∙ Extremely motivated and goal seeking with ability to work in fast pace/pressure environment.
∙ Strong problem solving ability with willingness to grow his/her skills dynamically.
∙ Takes initiative.
∙ Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills. Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills.
∙ Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙ Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙ Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
∙ Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙ Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙ Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world