Tax Reporting and Advisory Senior Associate
The TRA Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision engagements.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex income tax clients. - Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors' degree in Accounting. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale is required. Certifications & Licensures:
Minimum of 2 years experience in progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience.
- Experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work additional hours or travel as needed. #LI-MM8