The Infrastructure Engineer works on the least complex technical designs that enable business strategies in accordance with architectural governance, standards and policies.
Facilitates deployment of technical solution by developing templates, playbooks and automation to be used during implementation. Infrastructure Engineer consistently looks for opportunities to improve the reliability and efficiency of implementing the services.
This engineer embraces the culture that drives innovation and continuous improvement.
- Responsibilities will span multiple systems supporting Mainframe (System z) Storage projects and activities with varying degrees of complexity – includes build, development, implementation, maintenance, operations and client support.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision from more seasoned consultants or managers – includes support of senior personnel and project managers on technical projects; may assist and help train junior analysts – includes guiding and providing technical peer reviews.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors; exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Will participate in 7x24 on-call rotation.
Operating System Environments:
- 7-10+ years experience in a large z/OS SMS environment including experience with the majority of the following tools and technologies:
- Hitachi [Disk] Virtual Storage Platform (VSP).
- IBM Tape (Virtualization, Libraries and Media)
- Strong working Knowledge of IBM System Managed Storage (SMS) concepts and other associated IBM components/facilities:
- DFSMSdfp Utilities (IEBGENER, IEBCOPY, etc.)
- Access method services (AMS)
- Object Access Method (OAM)
- ICF (Integrated Catalog Facility)
- MVS JCL
- IBM Tape tools (including VMA, VEHSTATS)
- Working knowledge of CA Technologies software products:
- CA1 Ta pe Management System
- CA CopyCAT
- CA Disk Backup and Restore
- Strong leadership and communication skills both written and verbal are required
- SAS, REXX, MXG/MICS / RMF/SMF
- RACF and/or ACF2
- Microsoft Office applications