Assures that this company acquires clinically reliable, safe, and cost effective clinical technologies; and ensures appropriate and safe application of those clinical technologies across this company enterprise through the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Conducts independent work in support of all phases of the clinical technology lifecycle.
- Manages multiple moderately complex individual projects and/or simple projects.
- Monitors emerging technologies; reports on healthcare related technology trends; assess new healthcare related technologies; disseminates healthcare related technology information as appropriate across this company's enterprise.
- Develops equipment configurations in consultation with user groups and strategic partners.
- Leads the production of 3-5 year clinical technology forecasts and strategic plans for service area, regional, and national purchasing plans. Conducts cost-benefit analyses.
- Leads consultative support to the regional and national Clinical Technology leadership in the development of service maintenance contracts; data analysis, technology assessments and forecasts, and other forms of customized consultation.
- Leads the deployment of clinical technology in new and existing care delivery environments; provides technical and environmental requirements; assists with the reviews of facility construction plans, templates; assists with the reviews of startup equipment lists; assists with equipment installations as needed.
- Leads system assessment, design, implementation, and support strategy for clinical technology IT networks and integrations within service areas, regions, and/or across the enterprise.
- Leads the reviews of FDA and non-regulatory Hazard Alerts to determine appropriate level of response in collaboration with the National Product Recall Management team; consults with operational leaders, risk managers, and facility directors to ensure compliance at the service area, regional, and enterprise levels.
- Leads incident investigations and equipment performance analysis.
- Minimum three (3) years engineering experience required.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or engineering technology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possess and maintains a valid U.S. Driver's license.
- Experience delivering multiple simple projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering principles.
- In-depth technical knowledge of clinical technology (ie, devices and systems) used in at least two clinical specialties along with an understanding of the related clinical practices.
- In-depth knowledge of information technologies as they relate to networking, integration, and interoperability of clinical technologies.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management methodology.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic healthcare technology management.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to clinical technologies in healthcare environments.
- Clinical engineering experience within a healthcare technology management department preferred.
- Active pursuit of certification as a Clinical Engineer.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer; or other related professional certification.
- Biomedical/Clinical engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.