Relocation assistance is available to those who qualify under Tyson policy. Summary:
This position is part of the Poultry Electrical Engineering Team. Responsibilities include designing and initiating complex layouts for projects, develop scopes of work and writes specifications for proposals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This person should be capable of providing effective project management for the electrical discipline from project inception through construction and installation. On assigned projects, the Engineer III shall organize the design resources, supervise the design efforts, generate specifications, coordinate procurement and achieve the company's objectives regarding capacity, operability, economics and timelines.
The engineer will be involved in the selection of approved contractors and will decide which systems are best suited for a specific application and how they are to be installed. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations by working with safety coordinators
- Become familiar with this company's safety regulations, the International Electrical Codes, Nation Electrical Code, and applicable state and local codes and accepted electrical engineering practices
- Provide engineering design for new projects and utility systems
- Coordinate project design work including planning, design calculations, implementation, final walk through, etc.
- This position will interact with other engineering disciplines and maintain current project knowledge of project cost and assume responsibility for project cost management. The engineer will consult with accounting personnel relative to project accounting procedures and project costs. This person will also interact and coordinate project activities with all levels of Operations and Engineering management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Electrical engineering bachelor's degree preferred. Additional experience in the electrical field of automation controls and power distribution preferred. Registration by examination as a professional engineer is also preferred.
- 7+ year's applicable engineering experience within the food industry preferred. The ideal candidate shall have experience with Power Distribution / automation controls design and installation with a good understanding of Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Coordination Studies, Single line Diagrams and controls circuitry.
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Engineer must be able to present their work to engineering management, plant operations and contractors.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills required, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access). Experience with SAP, AutoCAD, Revit and 3D modeling is preferred.
- Special Requirements:
- Capable of working on multi-faceted projects of any magnitude while requiring limited supervision; demonstrated repeated ability to complete complex projects on time and on budget while achieving company objectives; knowledge of a variety of the Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering disciplines concepts, practices, and procedures; working knowledge of applicable codes that pertain to development of Electrical Engineering standards. Engineer will also manage projects that are handled by 3rd party design firms by overseeing their work and collaborating with other trades and discipline.
- Travel based on assigned project needs.