Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join this company's Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
This company Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. This company Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company's clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation.
This company's well-regarded legal department counsels all aspects of the company and provides legal support for all of the company's transactions. The attorneys are integral strategic business partners that work closely with each other and senior management on a daily basis.
At this company's Venture Group (DVG), we're committed to building partnerships with health care innovators to help improve the lives of patients with kidney disease. DVG is the innovation arm of this company Inc. and is tasked with accelerating the development and adoption of solutions that will transform health care for patients with kidney disease and related chronic illnesses. We work with the agility of a start-up and the resources of a Fortune 200 company, creating innovative products, solutions, and businesses to improve our patients' lives. Our innovation platform has three complementary capabilities: venture capital investments, partnerships, and pharma strategy. We take both an “outside-in” and “inside-out” approach, looking for the most innovative ideas externally while also leveraging our corporate assets for new growth opportunities.
As Senior Corporate Counsel for DVG, you will work on high priority strategic initiatives as part of the DVG team, working directly with senior leaders to bring new and innovative solutions into our enterprise. In particular, you will provide legal support for:
- DVG's venture capital investing in digital health startups, innovative care models, and life sciences companies
- DaVita's M&A to drive core business expansion and innovation in white spaces
- Enterprise-level pharma contracts
- Stakeholder strategy (e.g., physicians, payors, health systems)
- Partnerships with other healthcare companies to drive growth outside our core business
As part of the DVG team, you will work closely with a team of highly motivated individuals with consulting, banking, operations, startup, and clinical experience. You will be expected to effectively manage individual work streams and communicate analyses within the DVG team and with senior executives. Here is what you can expect when you join DVG:
- Fast-paced role within DaVita’s innovation function, focused on driving new ways of doing things with external partners and creating the next generation of Kidney Care
- Consistent exposure to DaVita senior leadership
- A chance to help shape the next generation of healthcare for one of the largest healthcare services providers in the country
- Performance-based rewards based on individual and team contributions
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation
What We’ll Provide:
- Juris Doctorate degree with at least 6 years of work experience in corporate transactions / M&A / venture capital investing / tech transactions
- At least one State Bar Admission and in good standing with the ability to waive into Colorado, if needed
- Experience in life sciences or healthcare preferred, but not required
- Strong communication skills: Ability to synthesize and convey complex legal and business issues with senior management
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer” across all levels
- Personal values in line with DaVita's core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
- Problem solving skills: Ability to structure ambiguous problems, think creatively, generate and test hypotheses
- Management skills: Ability to drive multiple pieces of work forward simultaneously
- High energy and ability to work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Desire to be part of a fun, innovative, and hard-working team
More than just pay, our company's Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: this company offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.