Located approximately 15 miles from downtown Cincinnati. SUMMARY:
The Engineering/Maintenance Manager is responsible for a team that are focused in the following areas: engineering, maintenance, utilities, capital projects, and MRO. They will maintain the facility’s property and equipment to supply maximum available uptime for production, quality, and yields, while ensuring the safest work environment possible. Being on the leadership team, this position requires an essential understanding of team member development, spend and budget control, maintenance continuous improvement processes, accurate record keeping utilizing the plant’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and maintaining proper staffing levels. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing, coordinating, and supporting maintenance supervisors and personnel
- Working with contractors, vendors, or company engineering in the modification or installation of equipment, troubleshooting, and resolving new and or different technical problems regarding equipment processes
- Efficiently managing/maintaining highly automated systems including PLCs, HMIs, and Robotics
- Coordinating and maintaining the maintenance training program for maintenance Team Members
- Assisting in preparing and overseeing budgets
- Coordinating Team Member work schedules and ensuring all parts and assets necessary to perform maintenance are available and maintained
- Providing information for managerial decision making
- Perform other responsibilities as the need arises
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission, and vision of Tyson Foods
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Experience: 5 or more years maintenance management experience. Food service knowledge preferred. Experience in a union represented department is a plus. Prior experience managing projects exceeding $1MM preferred.
- Computer Skills: Standard computer skills.
- Communication Skills: Good communication skills; ability to direct the workforce with clear and precise directions.
- Special Skills: Considerable knowledge in mechanical electrical hydraulics refrigeration automation and maintenance training skills. Display sound judgment; make sound decisions; organizational skills; ability to accept and delegate responsibility.
- Supervisory: Responsible for supervising a group of maintenance supervisors and or personnel who perform somewhat identical and related tasks or activities.
- Travel: 1 - 5 trips per year.