Come join the exciting world of Corporate Actions where you will play an integral role in the most dynamic part of the Global Markets lifecycle. Asset Services works with market makers, traders, custodians, depositories, agents, regulators, and data vendors. We support large multi-national clients through high volume trading products like equities, fixed income, prime brokerage, and wealth management.
At this company, our team of experts supports hundreds of thousands of annual Corporate Action events for thousands of clients with values in the trillions of dollars. Asset Services is a fast-paced Operations where time is of the essence and the accuracy and timeliness of what we do directly impacts our clients and the Global Markets. Examples of event types we manage include but are not limited to mergers, acquisitions, exchanges, class actions, repurchases, tenders, stock splits, warrants, dividends, and proxy.
Analysts will work in a diverse team environment and are expected to take ownership of their role. Innovation and unique solutions are encouraged as primary drivers to effecting positive change within the team, department, and organization.
This role requires outstanding attention to detail, excellent time management skills, communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to work under pressure in a team environment. Responsibilities:
- Processing Voluntary, Mandatory and Dividend related Corporate Action events on behalf of our Global Markets client base.
- Reconciling internal and external cash and stock positions within our processing account ledgers.
- Researching and conducting data enrichment within various applications supporting the lifecycle of corporate action events.
(Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Prior experience with Corporate Actions/Asset Services
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, critical, and forward-thinking skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Ability to learn and adapt to on-the-job training.
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach.
- General understanding of markets and how they operate.
- Attention to detail - the team manages billions of dollars per month with the expectation to be 100% accurate, 100% of the time.
- Ability to learn various new systems [how to navigate and interpret
Enterprise Role Overview:Follows established written procedures and guidelines, provides technical and analytical support in a global markets operations support function for one or more operations product areas. Uses established techniques to analyze and resolve complex operations support problems/initiatives requiring exception handling and/or coordination of multiple operational and/or product/services specialists to resolve.May assist in managing projects and/or introduction of new initiatives, systems, products and services and processes coordination across multiple operations functions. Employees will have college degree (Associates or higher) or comparable work experience. Required skills include:expert Excel knowledge, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines, ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, ability to work in a team environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders. Desired skills include: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar major preferred and a basic understanding of and/or experience in financial service industry. To be used for employees in Global Markets only.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.