• Perform network management responsibilities to include remote and onsite monitoring of system workload, configuration, and operation.
• Installing, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting wired and wireless data network systems and equipment.
• Creating network diagrams, project plans, and network documentation to support RMF and ATO requirements.
• Taclane activation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Accessing, troubleshooting, and building Juniper switch and router configurations.
• Accessing, troubleshooting, and building Aruba wireless access points and controllers.
• Use Government-provided network security and systems management (NSSM) tools such as: JUNOS Space, Cisco Prime, Flying Squirrel, MeerCat-FS, ArcSight EMS, EMS & BMC Remedy, Wireshark, Notepad++, Joint Management Network (JMN) tool set i.e. Putty, Riverbed, Chimera, Microsoft Visio, to manage and monitor the various data and video Networks.
• Provide and implement recommendations on system changes and operational procedures needed to increase efficiency. Must be experienced in TLA designs, Common Network Hierarchical designs, NIPR & SIPR network flows.
• Provide rapid detection and resolution of network component failures and errors. Additionally, they shall perform routine network maintenance of software and hardware, evaluate new system regulations, and provide guidance on the planning, development and implementation of new systems and procedures for operation.
• Must be able to work independently, in a team environment, and with other departments to quickly solve problems. They may lead and direct the work of others. The individual may be working directly with customers and must have good written and oral skills to communicate efficiently to technical and non-technical customers.
• Due to the nature of the position, the successful candidate may be called upon outside of normal business hours to troubleshoot and fix network outages, implement new configurations/equipment, and assist other departments with various tasks.
*The successful candidate shall provide technical expertise and support in establishing a plan/Standing Operating Procedure (SOP) for specific Operation and Maintenance (O&M) routines, training, qualification requirements, improved O&M method suggestions, procedures and conventions. Developing and reviewing network documentation for PPS, RFC's, and RMF.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Five (5) years of IT related experience, preferred
• Five (5) years of Network Management experience, preferred.
• Proficient with layer 2 switch technologies
• Proficient with layer 3 routing
• Proficient with wireless network technologies
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio for creating and maintaining network diagrams and drawings.
• Must have strong documentation skills.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must be familiar with applying STIGs and creating STIG checklists.
• Experience with both Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba networking devices preferred
• In-Depth experience with Juniper devices highly desired.
• IAT-II certification (i.e. CCNA Security, Security+ CE, GSEC, GIC SP, S SCP, CySA+**) IAW AR 25-2.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred degree in computer science or IT related field.
• Juniper and/or Cisco certification preferred.
• Juniper certification (JNCIA Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate) will be required within the first six (6) months of employment.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: