The Commercial Integrated Care Analytics team supports this company's Integrated Kidney Care. This company IKC is the renal population health management division of this company serving more than 30,000 end stage renal disease (ESRD) and late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients across the U.S. A key component of this company IKC is our actuarial and health care economics lane within the Commercial Integrated Care Analytics team, responsible for value-based contracting and employing advanced analytics to inform our integrated care growth strategy and program evaluation.
Within this team, you will hold a wide variety of responsibilities, including managing annual program financial reconciliations, underwriting new value-based contracts, developing enterprise actuarial capabilities, and providing actuarial expertise to teams and stakeholders throughout this company. This role will provide a platform for a candidate with outstanding technical skills, sound strategic acumen, and a collaborative, team-first working style to help lead the transformation of kidney care towards value-based care.
As the newest member of an intimate and growing team, you will have the opportunity for career advancement, as demonstrated by your mentorship of more junior teammates, extensive interaction with executives across this company, and client management.
At Casa del Mundo, this company’s World Headquarters, you will work in a dynamic environment, with bright, open floor spaces, easy RTD light rail access, and a cafeteria providing scenic views of Denver and the Rocky Mountains. In pursuit of living this company’s core value of Team, teammates will join celebratory team dinners and outings, attend our annual Revolution conference and team retreats, and participate in this company’s award winning professional development programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-encompassing:
- Apply actuarial principles in leading value-based contracting efforts, including new deal underwriting and annual financial reconciliations.
- Lead the development and delivery of executive presentations analyzing program performance, new value-based care contracting opportunities, and industry trends.
- Provide ongoing actuarial consultation and problem-solving support to internal stakeholders, including this company’s Payor Contracting, IKC Operations, Government Policy, and Corporate Strategy teams.
- Manage special projects, working across the commercial integrated care analytics team to develop enterprise actuarial capabilities to manage risk.
- Guide analysts in the development of new metrics and benchmarks in this company’s pursuit of leveraging data as a strategic asset.
- Interact with peers across the industry to form innovative, transformative partnerships.
- Grow, mentor, and develop others, leveraging our collective talent to achieve this company's Mission ‘To Be the Provider, Partner and Employer of Choice’.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics and competencies:
- Facilitates the completion of team and departmental goals by using appropriate methods and behavior to help build a cohesive team
- Builds trusting relationships by adjusting own behavior to relate to and connect with others
- Clearly conveys and actively listens to information when connecting with direct reports, peers, upper management or external business partners.
- Displays sound actuarial judgment and decision making
- Drives for results by setting and achieving high goals for personal and team accomplishment
- Leads via this company’s Mission and Core Values
- Complies with laws and regulations, as well as this company policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct because it is ethical and the right thing to do.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Minimum three years of actuarial experience, preferably within the health care or health insurance industries
What You Can Expect from this Company
- A ‘community first, company second’ culture based on Core Values we live everyday
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contribution
- A comprehensive benefits package design to enhance your health, your financial well-being, and your future
- Dedication, above, all, to caring for our patients, suffering from kidney failure and other chronic diseases