Job Profile Summary
Manage and lead a staff that will drive value by establishing, reviewing and improving processes, procedures and business solutions. Work closely with management, other departments or segments, customers and vendors to streamline our internal processes as well as drive the direction of the technology solutions. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the team to identify and implement process or technology improvement opportunities. Collaborate with all impacted stakeholders on priorities to ensure the highest value opportunities are prioritized appropriately.
- Initiate and perform business process reviews, making recommendations for improvements and/or changes to resolve deficiencies. Lead the implementation of identified changes and ensure awareness, alignment and acceptance as necessary for efforts.
- Drive effective use of existing processes and systems and partner with leadership to develop standards and best practices along with delivery of project and process initiatives.
- Work closely with management, peers and Information Technology, to guide day-to-day work activities of the team as prioritized. Ensure business requirements, project budgets, project plans and change management controls are established, communicated and tracked where necessary. Manage and communicate changes to priorities with appropriate stakeholders and leadership.
- Collaborate with peers in the Accounting, Operations and Commercial organizations to ensure fully integrated processes and solutions where there is overlap and appropriate controls are in place.
- Use strategic analysis of business trends, management requirements, customer expectations and technology capabilities, to identify and recommend new process or technology solutions intended to enhance our capabilities.
- Develop, mentor and coach a team of employees that collaborate, communicate and drive toward business results. Review solutions, plans, reports and documents developed by team and provide effective guidance and feedback to ensure quality delivery on objectives. Lead special projects when assigned that might be outside of normal scope of responsibilities.
- Prepare and present recommendations for new or enhanced solutions to management.
- Develop strong working relationships with Information Technology leaders who determine priorities for our technology solutions. Maintain strong relationships with consultants and vendors to achieve optimal success on initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Computer System Development or an equivalent combination of formal education and the following job related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with the midstream energy industry pertaining to technology solutions development
- Experience in business or process analysis, project management, software development lifecycle and change management techniques including identification of potential process solutions
- Experience interacting, advising, training, influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of the organization
- Experience defining and implementing project requirements, testing, training and issuing resolutions to ensure successful delivery
- Experience researching, analyzing and composing reports, procedures, forms and correspondence
- Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software
Licenses and Certifications
Strength Factor Rating - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Knowledge of: combined efforts across companywide functions
- Skills in: developing solutions to complicated issues using abstract thinking in new or complex situations
- Skills in: preparing and presenting reports, presentations, schedules and issue mitigation solutions to various levels of leadership
- Skills in: interacting, advising and communicating effectively with teams, peers and all levels of management
- Skills in: refining business requirements, implementing testing strategies and training personnel
- Ability to: manage integrated solutions that support multiple business areas and understand business processes and related technology to support those processes
- Ability to: analyze business processes and effectively partner with teams to identify and recommend solutions
- Ability to: identify, research, evaluate, prioritize problems and situations and develop recommendations for appropriate action
- Ability to: establish and sustain positive, long-term relationships with potential and existing customers
- Ability to: apply mathematical skills
Strength Factor Description - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Standing: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about (Occasionally)
- Walking: Moving about on foot (Frequently)
- Sitting: Remaining in a seated position (Constantly)
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) (Occasionally)
- Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder (Occasionally)
- Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (Occasionally)
- Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking) (Occasionally)
- Climbing: Ladders, Stairs (Occasionally)
- Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling (Occasionally)
- Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist (Occasionally)
- Kneeling: Bending the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees (Occasionally)
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine (Occasionally)
- Crawling: Moving about on the hands and arms in any direction (Occasionally)
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hand or hands (Manual Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Fingering: Picking, pinching or otherwise working with the fingers primarily (Finger Dexterity) (Constantly)
- Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects/materials as size, shape, temperature, texture, movement or pulsation by receptors in the skin, particularly those of the finger tips (Constantly)
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas/information by means of the spoken word (Frequently)
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sound by the ear (Frequently)
- Tasting/Smelling: (Occasionally)
- Near Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (Constantly)
- Far Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 feet for more (Frequently)
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are (Frequently)
- Vision: Color - The ability to identify and distinguish colors (Constantly)
- Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions
- Well lighted, climate controlled areas (Constantly)
- Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
- CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Travel to other locations required
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license