This company is one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart. As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, this company is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions. Corporate Tax Manager
This company’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services. The Corporate Tax Manager works closely with clients and staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The Corporate Tax team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion. The Corporate Tax Manager is responsible for reviewing income and non-income based taxes, statutory income compliance and consulting, transactional taxes, transfer pricing documentation and evaluation, reviewing the tax flow and tax functioning of our client's operations, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax software and technology to increase efficiency as well as a variety of other job tasks depending on the engagement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor senior associates, associates, and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision engagements.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, or JD/active law license required.
- Four to seven plus years relevant experience.
- Progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and strong ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in OneSource Tax Provision preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
This company promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.It is this company’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FOR LA PROPER ONLY: We will consider all qualified Applicants for employment; including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. #LI-JN1