At this company the BI Software Engineer is part of the Business Intelligence Team within the Information & Analytics Department. This position will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and is a key member of a high-performing team of data professionals responsible for transforming this company’s
performance through data intelligence.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 3+ years of software engineering experience. We are looking for someone excited to connect their development skills to solving immediate business needs.
This role will be an innovator of new solutions to data centered problems. As part of a small development sub-team this role will often be fully responsible for full creation of applications. You won’t be a contributor to a project, you will own projects. You will design and build solutions that maximize analytical opportunities of our I&A team.
This company's partners with communities to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today the company has over 100 schools in nine states, serving more than 60,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Our schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in college, career, and life. In fact, a majority of our schools consistently outperform their local district on the state test.
According to the Center for Research Outcomes at Stanford University, we are a leading performer among charter schools and management organizations, outperforming both conventional district schools and other charter school operators. In addition, according to our employee survey, over 90% of respondents agree that the work they do is meaningful to them.
Join us. Together we impact a life.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads complex software engineering projects from inception to completion
- Helps define and assist in the implementation of technical processes and procedures including on-prem and cloud architecture, PaaS, unit testing, integration testing, automation of build processes and configurations
- Assists in maintaining and improving this company’s existing BI software solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with the entirety of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- An excellent understanding of how their work fits into the larger architectural picture from a maintainability and testability point-of-view
- Synthesize business requirements and understanding of this company’s purpose and vision to evaluate and build excellent solutions for this company’s stakeholders
- Ability to provide production support on an as-needed basis
- Deep understanding of internal systems and their integrations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience with MS SQL Server.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Working knowledge of .NET development using C# in an Azure/Cloud environment
- Experience working on complex and long-running projects with cross-functional project teams
- Agile-based software development team experience using SCRUM or similar methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Service-Based Architectures & Related Technologies (WebAPI, WCF, OData, Claims Authorization, etc.)
- Experience with identity frameworks and protocols (e.g. OpenID Connect, Identity Server, ADFS)
- Experience developing web services for enterprise applications (SOAP, REST, XML & JSON)
- Strong knowledge of Team Foundation Server and/or Git
- Experience with automated build/deployment processes and configuring servers
- Experience with systems integration architectures
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people To learn more about our core values, please click here.