Engineer Principal – FPGA Design What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Design digital hardware including FPGA development for space-based, high reliability electronic systems. Assignments include designs which will include SOC architectures utilizing soft-core processors, digital filters, image processing algorithms, and communication interfaces/protocols.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Digital system partitioning and advanced function implementation in FPGAs. Strong design, documentation and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems are desired.
- Strong electronic circuit design and electronic systems background.
- Strong FPGA and board design skills.
- Expertise in VHDL/Verilog, System Verilog and OVM/UVM, and Modelsim/Questa simulator is a plus.
- Experience in developing specifications, cost, schedule, and resource requirements for digital/FPGA designs.
- Familiarity with cPCI, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Spacewire or Firewire is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics DxD, Hyperlynx for schematic design and SI analysis is a plus.
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for system/subsystem/box/board needs.
- Knowledge of space radiation effects is a plus.
- Familiarity with ASIC tools, libraries, design flow and fabrication is a plus.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between this company's campuses and other possible locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
This company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This company is subject to regular audits to ensure workers meet minimum qualifications for the programs on which they work. As such, this company cannot consider candidates who do not meet 100% of the minimum qualifications listed in the job description.