This position reports to the Plant Controller and is responsible for budget and forecast expense planning and variance analysis as it relates to operations including labor, yields, material usage, overhead, and absorption. Manage and maintain cost standards and bills of material. Performance guidance and review with operations management, including LEAN, Continuous Improvement, and other initiatives. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Manufacturing to determine savings associated with efficiency and other process improvements
- Work with R&D/Marketing on new product launches. Provide product cost analysis for proposed new products and formulation changes.
- Provide budget product cost review/analysis support.
- Produce various weekly/period/quarterly analysis and variance reports for Plant Management review.
- Demonstrate Lean thinking and participate in Plant problem solving and Kaizen events.
- Track the flow of inventory through the SAP system. Work with manufacturing to ensure cycle counts are accurate and reconciliations of staging areas are complete.
- Participate in the monthly close process.
- Conduct quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley audits of various key controls.
- Assist and support all Finance activities (i.e. payroll) as needed.
- Perform all other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, preferred.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-3 years of manufacturing cost systems experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficient knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel and payroll information.
- Must have excellent Excel skills