About this Company
A career with this company offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with this company is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
At our Owen, WI facility we are part of the Dairy and Culinary division and we make cheese powders, meal seasonings (mashed potato seasoning), dairy flavors and cheese sauce for our retail customers. This site participates in many local area charities and festivals throughout the year. We are looking for someone to help us keep things running!
What you'll do:
As a Food Sanitation professional at this company, you’ll focus on the food sanitation process including continuous improvement, training, retraining, sanitation procedures, design of equipment. The Sanitation Manager implements and maintains programs related to sanitation, pest control and production. This position would report to the Plant Manager and responsible for overseeing and developing both exempt and non-exempt direct reports for a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week food manufacturing operation. Do you have keen observation skills, problem-solving mentality, and desire to work with cross-functional teams?
The importance of food safety and sanitation cannot be underestimated. Bacteria overcome many hurdles and try to become super stars. Are you the hero who has the knowledge to reduce and eliminate food safety risks and the ability to take on the following responsibilities?
What you'll need to be successful and safe:
- Mitigate food safety risk and preventing hazards from entering products.
- Experience with implementing appropriate operating procedures for sanitation protocols (SSOPs)
- Create and maintain the master sanitation schedule and Implement a multi-step sanitation approach
- Dispense and deliver appropriate chemicals
- Create a thorough hygiene program, pest control program, and allergen programs
To get the most of this role at this company you’ll need to come with knowledge in sanitation, ability to influence up, and we’d prefer if you had manufacturing experience. You’ll also meet these minimum requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university (biology, microbiology, food science, chemistry) or 5 years experience in a sanitation leadership role lieu of education (science related)
- 3 + years of food sanitation experience including: ATP swab program, environmental swabs, CIP, COP, master sanitation schedule, equipment cleaning and documentation.
- 3 + years of experience with food safety systems and food manufacturing is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in leading others.