Sign-on bonus eligible position!
Plan,manage, organize and coordinate Laboratory services. Subject matter expert and the technical resource for the region in designated specialized area. Responsible for the design and oversight of highly reliable laboratory operations including accountabilities for quality of care, member experience, affordability, standard work and employee experience and competence. Accountable for role modeling principles defined in KP Mission and Standards and creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Exceptional Care and Service
- Lead and manage technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the laboratory and pathology services. Monitor test results, equipment, and laboratory information systems. Perform, assist and support functions within laboratory as needed.
- Promote an organizational culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety.
- Design/evaluate processes to ensure high reliable standard laboratory services across continuum of care.
- Build strong performance-based, collaborative relationships with local and regional leadership fostered by frequent communication and interaction to identify and resolve problems/issues and improve delivery of laboratory services. Maintain a productive partnership with pathologists and laboratory staff.
- Represent the laboratory in Medical Operations Building and Regional facilities functions and committees.
- Participate in on call responsibility to include, not limited to, Lab Manager and/or Manager of the Day programs.
- Develop, implement, and monitor laboratory policies and procedures
- Oversee regulatory and accreditation requirements to ensure departmental technical, quality, and administrative activities are compliant with all regulatory requirements including, but not limited to CAP, COLA, OSHA and CMS.
- Establish, implement, and maintain service standards to meet member and internal client expectations.
- Implements and monitors new service offerings to meet changing business needs.
8a-6p Monday to Friday with rotating weekend and holiday coverage as needed.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in laboratory setting
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership experience in laboratory setting
- Bachelors degree in clinical science, laboratory science, pathologist assistant, chemical science, physical science, biological science, or related healthcare field from an accredited institution.
- Proper documentation for applicable degree is required (i.e. copies of diplomas, transcripts, and/or U.S Equivalency Degree Report if needed).
- Major must be clearly stated on the document. If diploma does not indicate the major, an additional document that states major is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Histologic Technician Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Pathologist's Assistant Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Histologic Technologist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Cytotechnologist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate within 12 months of hire OR Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory (state and federal) agency requirements and professional practice standards to include CLIA, COLA, CAP, NCQA, AABB, local, state and federal regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the function of a medical laboratory.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of supervision, management, personnel management, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Experience in financial management, program development, quality improvement and project management.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and decision making, responding calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated understanding and support for diversity in the workplace.
- Ability to think globally and provide line of sight from regional strategy to front-line staff.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills are required in building programs to support and maintain medical staff, administrative and community relationships.
- Working knowledge of clinical computer systems, PC computer skills, and Microsoft Office tools
- Thorough knowledge of clinical laboratory operations
- Completes 24 CEUs (12 technical and 12 leadership) per year.
- Behavioral interviewing experience.
- Experience in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Continued involvement in national, state and local professional organization(s).
- Proven ability to organize and manage laboratory operations
- Demonstrated strengths in decision making in a consensus environment and collaborative management style.
- Kaiser Permanente experience
- Multiple certifications (e.g., PA(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) or CT(ASCP))
- Lean of Six Sigma Green Belt
- Masters degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, biological, business administration, health care administration, public health, or related field from an accredited institution