Responsible for overseeing and directing the accounting function for WBA global controller team across the organization. Responsibilities may include closing the books under generally accepted accounting principles, performing accounting research, preparing SEC financial reporting, developing audit procedures and controls, and working for special accounting functions such as mergers and acquisitions. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies.Job Responsibilities
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze complex financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Adheres to and communicates accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Analyzes accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility. Maintains general ledger accounts. Monitors accounts payables and receivables.
- May perform monthly accounting for the Company’s equity method investments.
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems. Duties may include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers.
- Performs complex reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Research complex questions and investigates variances on the financial statements. Communicates findings to management.
- Recommends and reviews proposed process improvements. Explores the modification and implementation of changes in systems and procedures.
- Prepares complex reports in support of internal and external audits.