Information Governance Manager (Hybrid/Remote)
We know exceptional talent is the key to our success, to providing the best service to our internal and external clients. Being a part of our team means you will work with cutting edge technology in a professional and fun environment under leadership ready to invest in your professional development. If you have a growth mindset, are eager to challenge yourself, and desire to work with a team of professionals instituting change on an ongoing basis, keep reading. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence and accountability for stewardship of the firm’s information assets.
- Work with the Chief Information Officer, and Director of Information Security, to develop and implement policies, standards, and processes for IG-related issues, such as retention, destruction, security, transfers, and digitization of records.
- Collaborate in the development of departmental governance documentation (procedures, guidelines, standards, and best practices).
- Work closely with the firm’s stakeholders to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements, as well as support the strategic requirements of the department and firm.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Information Governance function by organizing, assigning, delegating, and coordinating work across departments to ensure objectives are met timely and accurately.
- Manage electronic data to ensure compliance with records retention, data minimization, ethical walls, legal holds, and other data privacy requirements.
- Serves as an escalation point for governance, data quality, protection, and privacy issues.
- Develop reports, content and lead IG related presentations to management, attorneys, and staff.
- Look for opportunities to utilize tools that add value and/or improve existing processes such as capturing departed employee data, monitoring, and assisting with other Information Governance and/or Security team projects.
- Facilitate internal Firm audits and client audits conducted on-site or off-site.
- Coordinate collection of information and response to consumer data access and deletion requests.
- Assist with and lead outbound and inbound file transfers to ensure Firm and client obligations are met.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (5+ years’ experience in records or information governance with an emphasis on the management, organization, and movement of electronic records into and out of document management systems).
- Strong computer and database skills with knowledge of records-specific content management systems.
- Familiar with data privacy laws. (ex. CCPA, GDPR)
- Experience in using records and documents management systems. (ex. FileTrail, iManage)
- Proficient in MS Office productivity applications, and experience using SharePoint or other collaborative file sharing systems.
- Ability to access, input, analyze, and retrieve information from various computer applications and to learn and utilize new applications on an expedited basis.
- Advanced communication and written skills.
- Excellent organization, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong leadership skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism, and client-service orientation.
- Strong sense of urgency and a high-energy level.
- Outstanding sense of customer service is emphasized.
- Experience with the following is a plus: Intapp, iManage Work10, iManage Share, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, SharePoint, Workshare, Varonis, Digital Guardian, and FileTrail.