This position is responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, accurate record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing. Specific responsibilities include:
Other responsibilities include:
- checking daily production orders to ensure fulfillment of customer orders
- ensuring every position is filled before start-up of production line
- overseeing Team Member morning exercises and job rotation in order to facilitate ergonomics, and ensuring all machinery is performing to the highest standard possible.
- ensuring all workstations have passed USDA Inspection
- promoting safety on a daily basis as well as through monthly safety meetings, and ensuring accurate shipments, rotation of inventory, and proper coding of products.
- this position is responsible for knowing and communicating company benefits and compensation policies to Team Members
- providing encouragement to Team Members in order to build the best team possible, and the critical ability to perform the human relations functions such as training, retaining, and counseling on personal and professional problems.
Other duties include overseeing various processing operations and working with other supervisors in solving problems, keeping records of reworked or returned product, providing continuous education on the importance of quality, and performing other responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, engineering, meat science or related field
- Experience: Prior supervisory experience preferred, 2+ years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Special Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker. Excellent planning and organizational skills. Solid math and comprehension skills.
- Computer Skills: System experience to include Excel, Microsoft Word, and data entry experience. Strong spreadsheet capabilities.
- Travel: 1-5 trips per year.
- Shifts: Multiple