Eligible for Sign On Bonus!
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- We conduct compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, we reserve the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- To Include On Call time on weekends if necessary
- Minimum four (4) years of clinical nursing experience related to clinical area of specialization as required by department, including four (4) years of management, supervisory or leadership* experience.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Bachelors Degree in Nursing, or Masters Degree in Nursing earned through a direct entry MSN program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- *Leadership Experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria: demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN, participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs, National Certification in Specialty, demonstrated completion of RN Leadership Development Program and/or demonstrated experiential exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- ACLS or PALS certification may be required for positions in specific department.
- National Certification preferred within 1 year of hire
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Two (2) years of management experience preferred
- One (1) year of Magnet/shared governance experience preferred
- One (1) year of managing in a bargaining environment preferred
- Masters degree preferred.