Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control.Job Responsibilities
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kick-off and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
Requirements of this position
1. Since this is a hybrid position, when necessary, the employee must be able to work in the corporate office.
2. Internal Auditing experience
3. The person must be comfortable working in a team environment/culture.
Critical thinking skills, Project Management/organization skills, experience working with milestones/deadlines, data analytics skills, excellent soft skills.
Internal Audit is tasked by the Board of Directors to complete an annual audit plan necessary to strengthen the company’s control environment.
The team is compiled of a great, talented, diverse bunch of auditors. Internal audit offers a fast paces environment that allows its teammates to learn about all facets of the business including but not limited to pharmacy, financial, and retail components. The company is one that gives back to the community via the buy a shot-give a shot program as well as Red Nose Day and several other programs helping its communities.