As a legal department, we are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace in which all Teammates feel that they are treated with respect, are valued for the skills and qualities they contribute and belong. We also believe that diversity extends beyond traditional protected classes to the fullness of lived experiences and backgrounds. Our investment in Diversity & Belonging means that we are better able to harness the wide range of talents and perspectives among our teammates to develop collaborative, creative, and effective solutions to an array of business challenges; but most importantly, because it is simply the right thing to do.
We strive to be a community first and a company second. Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
This Paralegal II position will assist legal department attorneys with various aspects of contract drafting & contract management. This Paralegal II position will require management of day-to-day duties, along with attention to special projects as needed. Our Paralegals have the opportunity to not only excel within the legal department, but to contribute in ways that makes a positive impact! The opportunities for community involvement are abundant and encouraged. Traits for Success
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of fraud, waste and abuse laws (anti-kickback statute, false claims act) helpful but not required
- Minimum of four (4) years' paralegal experience required
- Associate's degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies required
- Healthcare law experience preferred
- Law firm experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Experience with document management system and eDiscovery tools strongly preferred
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation. What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: we offer a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through our online training platform StarLearning.