This position will be a member of the Manufacturing Services Team supporting the Manufacturing Solution business processes for all of this company. The position works within a team environment as a business partner and liaison to the IS organization to implement enterprise solutions to existing manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for process improvement and systems integration.
- Provides technical guidance and decision making for the engineering staff on design problems to maintain optimum utilization of time, money, and materials.
- Informs appropriate employees of schedule changes, changes in project specifications and labor variances; coordinates their activities so that appropriate changes are enacted thereby meeting engineering goals.
- Resolves staff needs and questions as well as helps to resolve employee complaints and problems to maintain a harmonious work environment.
- Performs responsibilities as Project Engineer on an as-needed basis.
- Makes drawings, designs systems, contacts vendors and supervises the installation and construction process to ensure that the engineering aspect of project is fully met.
- Attends meetings with Operations, Marketing and R&D personnel to provide technical assistance on development of product lines. Advises the group of the engineering feasibility, cost, time, etc. involved in undertaking projects under consideration.
- Meets with the engineering staff weekly to discuss progress on projects and takes direct action when needed to prevent or resolve any delays. Relays information regarding the following weeks engineering schedule to Maintenance Superintendent for his use in preparing the maintenance schedule.
- Schedules engineering projects according to time and talents of staff. Updates the engineering project list as needed. Meets with the Engineering staff and appropriate management committee personnel to provide information and assign priorities.
- Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge in engineering to maintain an aggressive engineering area. Attends technical schools and seminars and reads available material to remain up to date on engineering advances. Visits with vendors and other facilities to inspect equipment which might have an application at our facility.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System. Report any issues to appropriate facility management.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: Five years' experience in engineering staff management and project management is preferred. In addition, exposure to food plant design and food science basics preferred. AutoCAD experience required.
- Must submit a resume in .pdf or Word format to be considered.