*** $10,000 Sign-on Bonus Eligible Position!***
Manages Diagnostic Imaging Information Systems (DIIS) Department. Directs development of comprehensive strategies, business cases, & work plan processes for Diagnostic Imaging (DI) systems. Collaborates w/ stakeholders to determine needs, conduct business process assessment & analysis, & design workflow processes. Provides integrated solutions planning. Oversees &/or serves as project lead in the implementation of strategies & initiatives. Serves as primary project liaison, communication, & change management lead to IT, key stakeholders, & customers. Ensures operational efficiency of diagnostic imaging data management systems. Supervises assigned staff.
• Directs development of comprehensive strategies, business cases, & work plan processes for Diagnostic Imaging (DI) systems. Collaborates w/ management, medical staff, information technology (IT), & other leaders in organization's decision-making structures & processes.
• Plans for operating & capital requirements. Develops & maintains capital plan for DI information technology. Obtains stakeholder buy-in & support.
• Collaborates w/ stakeholders to determine current & future needs, conduct business process assessment & analysis, & design workflow processes. Provides integrated solutions planning. Recommends alternative technologies that will enhance information systems.
• Develops & documents business requirements & specifications. Collaborates w/ IT to ensure development of plans for integration of new systems architecture into current infrastructure & reviews & designs concepts.
• Oversees &/or serves as project lead in the implementation of strategies & initiatives. Oversees &/or develops project plans & related planning documents. Serves as primary project liaison, communication, & change management lead to IT, key stakeholders, & customers throughout development life cycle.
• Ensures project meets schedule, cost, & objective targets.
• Develops & communicates organization wide diagnostic imaging systems service standards & policies & procedures. Negotiates & manages performance standards & service levels for hardware & network support provided by IT.
• Ensures operational efficiency of diagnostic imaging data management systems. Documents & communicates disaster recovery plan for DI information systems. Ensures information systems are in compliance w/ all regulatory requirements. Maintains system security & standardization.
• Prepares system definitions & objectives, task plans, design documents, flow charts, feasibility studies, diagrams, user documents & specifications as required. Performs cost/benefit analysis. Assesses impact of system modifications.
• Develops & implements programs to educate management on Picture Archival & Communication System (PACS) & diagnostic imaging systems capabilities, potential, requirements, & policy compliance.
• Serves as liaison between diagnostic imaging management staff, users & vendors regarding training programs, seminars, & maintenance w/ other external specifications & documentation of computer systems. Participates &/or Leads committees as appropriate.
• Maintains current knowledge of diagnostic imaging & regional issues pertaining to information systems. Seeks opportunities to use technology to support various clinical needs.
• Schedules, monitors, & assures quality work performance of assigned personnel.
• Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, & terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
• Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, & authority parameters to assigned staff.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum five (5) years of clinical information systems or related experience, preferably in diagnostic imaging.
• Minimum two (2) years of Picture Archival & Communication System (PACS) planning, implementation, conversion, and testing experience within a client server environment.
• Minimum two (2) years of leadership and project management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated knowledge of networks, telecommunication (voice and data), and data center operations and production.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in strategic thinking, results orientation, decision making, influence, interpersonal relations, communications, negotiations, team leadership, project management, systems thinking and group process facilitation and presentation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database PC applications.
• Master's degree in business administration or related field.
• Knowledge of diagnostic imaging principles, operations, and equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical benefits and coverage as related to diagnostic imaging services.