We have a Senior Actuarial Analyst
opportunity in our Property/Casualty Actuarial Division. The role will focus on analyzing data and trends for purposes of determining pricing for our personal (home, auto & umbrella), agribusiness and/or commercial lines product offerings. Be part of a dynamic team and experience the ever increasing sophistication of our rating plans and methodologies. Your actuarial work will expose you to an array of computational and product/business challenges through a continually changing set of assignments. Company provided actuarial exam support will help ensure progress towards becoming a designated actuary and bolster career development opportunities.This position allows full-time remote work.How does an Actuary make an impact?
Qualifications: Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Researches and analyzes various types of data to produce rate adjustment proposals, reserve estimates or economic capital models; and/or actuarial support for filings with state insurance departments; and/or to implement new rates and rating plans, using existing procedures, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Analyzes data towards developing and proposing solutions for actuarial or product line management.
- Pursues a Casualty Actuarial Society designation at least through Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) level. Maintains appropriate Continuing Education credit to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- Researches and analyzes data for special projects within a defined scope. Serves as Property/Casualty Actuarial representative for project committees as assigned.
Why work with us?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5+ CAS exams completed.
- Demonstrated ability solving basic to intermediate pricing/actuarial problems.
- Computer skills including Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and basic/intermediate programming skills.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and no experience or 5 years of actuarial experience.
Our employees and representatives serve nearly one million households with our diverse range of personal and business insurance products as well as retirement and investment services. We build relationships and work together to create a stronger, more secure future for our clients and our communities. We’re a big company, yet small enough you can make an impact and won’t get lost in the shuffle. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow throughout your career, either within this role or by exploring other areas of our business.
You’ll be able to take advantage of our benefits package, which includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, paid company holidays and time off to volunteer in your community.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, and in providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.