We have a Senior Actuarial Analyst opportunity in our Property/Casualty Actuarial Division. The role will focus on analyzing data and trends for purposes of determining pricing for our personal (home, auto & umbrella), agribusiness and/or commercial lines product offerings. Be part of a dynamic team and experience the ever increasing sophistication of our rating plans and methodologies. Your actuarial work will expose you to an array of computational and product/business challenges through a continually changing set of assignments. Company provided actuarial exam support will help ensure progress towards becoming a designated actuary and bolster career development opportunities.
This position allows full-time remote work.
How does an Actuary make an impact?
- Researches and analyzes various types of data to produce rate adjustment proposals, reserve estimates or economic capital models; and/or actuarial support for filings with state insurance departments; and/or to implement new rates and rating plans, using existing procedures, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Analyzes data towards developing and proposing solutions for actuarial or product line management.
- Pursues a Casualty Actuarial Society designation at least through Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) level. Maintains appropriate Continuing Education credit to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- Researches and analyzes data for special projects within a defined scope. Serves as Property/Casualty Actuarial representative for project committees as assigned.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5+ CAS exams completed.
- Demonstrated ability solving basic to intermediate pricing/actuarial problems.
- Computer skills including Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and basic/intermediate programming skills.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and no experience or 5 years of actuarial experience.