This position is responsible for implementing an environmental management system to ensure compliance with local state and federal regulations at one or more locations. Duties include supervising the wastewater operators, creating, and implementing environmental programs, writing compliance plans, tracking key performance indicators for compliance, developing, and submitting permit applications, implementation of waste minimization programs, ensuring on time reporting of all required compliance-based reports, and communicating any non-compliant issues.
The environmental programs include Clean Air Act; Clean Water Act; Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act; Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act Oil Pollution Act; Safe Drinking Water Act and other local state and federal environmental regulations. Other duties include leading location management to ensure compliance; maintaining relationships with local, state, and federal regulators; and spill response. Under the direction of the Area Environmental Manager, serve as an organizer, facilitator, analyst, and problem-solver on environmental compliance with the goal of zero environmental exceedances.
- Education: bachelor’s degree in natural science, environmental science, or engineering required.
- Experience: 4 plus years’ experience of environmental or 2 plus years’ experience of environmental and successful completion of the Tyson Foods Environmental Trainee program; food production industry experience a plus.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must also have ability to have basic computer skills to utilize compliance databases such as eCAT and Incident Tracker.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of Team Members; bilingual skills are a plus.
- Special Skills: Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to drive concurrent projects to completion; comfortable influencing all levels of the organization; strong team and collaboration skills; demonstrates ability to think creatively and drive innovation; and Project Management concepts and techniques.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Four (4) Team Members
- Travel: 30% travel
- Physical: Ability to be on feet 8-10 hours daily or as needed for assisting plants. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, for extended periods. Duties require use of hands; ability to talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must submit a resume in .pdf or Word format to be considered.
- Must reside within the United States.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.