We are seeking a Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer to support extensive high visibility Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A) efforts. Are you interested in working in a high-tech company on cutting edge technology to help solve national security problems? Do you want to be challenged every day supporting world class research and development? If so, Infoscitex may be the place for you! We are an employee owned organization known for creating agile technology solutions across the U.S. Defense, Aerospace, Human Factors, and Security markets.
As a member of our team, you will support defense technologies along with research and development in St. Louis, MO having opportunities to work in a dynamic environment, with state of the art simulation technologies, simulation integration experts, and experienced military Subject Matter Experts (SME). Our work focuses on conducting capability assessments for emerging military technologies and ensuring related tools and methodologies are suitable to inform Department of Defense (DoD) decision makers.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer, you could expect to:
- Participate within a software development team to design, develop, test, and deploy assigned modeling and simulation development tasks.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, such as pilots and technologists, to identify requirements for system implementation in the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM).
- Perform software component tests and system integration tests for adherence to specifications.
- Apply software best practices (version control, documentation, etc.) for all developed and modified software.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- At least a BS degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science, and two years of related experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: eligible to attain a Secret level U.S. DoD security clearance.
- Proficiency developing object-oriented software in C/C++ with Visual Studio integrated development environment.
- Knowledge and experience with modeling, simulation, and analysis environments (live, virtual, and/or constructive).
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Ability to work well in team environments.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Hands on experience with AFSIM software and tools, including source code and plugin development.
- Familiarity with modern military systems, both foreign and domestic.
- MS in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Active security clearance, Secret or higher.
- Experience with any LINUX OS.
- Experience with CMake.
- Experience with software version control tools, such as GitLab.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.