We are seeking an Income Tax Accountant to join its Tax Compliance team. This role will focus on ensuring compliance with all aspects of income tax reporting and filings, including ASC 740, SSAP 101, the Internal Revenue Code, and state/local income tax laws and regulations. The Tax Accountant uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to ensure timely and accurate filing of income tax returns, payment of taxes, and calculation of financial statement provisions for assigned companies. The ideal candidate demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to a wide range of matters varying in complexity and scope and for identifying and implementing improvements to policies and processes. This role provides the Tax Accountant with an opportunity to build relationships within the organization, assist in tax audits, interact with taxing authorities, and provide input on business transactions as needed.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule and is based out of our corporate offices in Bloomington, IL.
How does an Income Tax Accountant make an impact?
- Prepares and/or reviews federal and state income tax returns according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by required deadlines.
- Calculates and remits periodic estimated federal and state income tax payments to taxing bodies by the established due dates according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
- Compiles current and deferred income tax provisions for management reporting and regulatory financial statement preparation, including applicable footnote disclosures.
- Prepares or coordinates the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis.
- Stays abreast of changes in tax accounting laws and regulations. Recommends and/or implements changes necessary to remain in compliance with statutory and tax rules and requirements.
Do you have what we're looking for?
- CPA designation and/or advanced degree.
- Experience in life/health, property/casualty, and/or general corporate taxation.
- Possesses extensive tax knowledge to identify complex tax issues, research solutions, and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Self-motivated with strong critical-thinking skills and keen attention to detail.
- Able to work independently to guarantee the accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Typically requires 4 years of relevant experience or a combination of related experience, education and training.