As a Subsystem Architecture/Design Engineer, you will be hands-on in designing functional capabilities of the embedded software systems for military combat vehicles. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced program with us in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command - Ground Vehicle Systems Center located in Warren, Michigan.
Essential Job Functions:
Development of System Requirements, System Architecture and Subsystems Design that will be utilized for implementing embedded software solutions within vehicle electronic components. This includes the use and creation of any necessary interface control documents, communication protocols and user interface documents.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar engineering degree and Twelve years of experience.
- Experience with military C4ISR equipment integration for Ground Combat Systems.Experience with creating the Subsystem Design to implement the functional capabilities of the System Software including the functionality that executes across the various components within the Vehicle Electronics (Vetronics) Architecture.
- Experience with the use of sequence diagrams, functional state machines, one-wire diagrams, component diagrams, SysML or SysML-like concepts, System Subsystem Design Document (SSDD or S/SDD), War-Machine Interface Design Documents (WMIDDs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) to depict vehicle architecture and functional capability.
- Experience in Large Scale Software Systems development and Subsystems Design.
- Experience with hands-on development of Systems Engineering work products such as the System Subsystem Design Document (SSDD).
- Familiarity with interface protocols and interface tools such as: 1553 Data Bus, PASS 3200, Ethernet, Wireshark, CAN bus, Catalyzer.Ability to travel to various customer and contractor facilities and test centers (10% Travel).