Principal Systems Engineer - Mission Operations Lead
Ground Systems Engineer in support of requirements, design, analysis, test and operation of space vehicles and ground systems for commercial, DoD and NASA customers. What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Mission design of ground system.
- Establish customer needs and develop them into Business/Technical Requirements, establishing scope budget and schedule parameters to execute projects.
- Manage ground system development and subcontracts for software and hardware integration.
- Face-to-face interaction with customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups.
- Lead a collaborative team comprised of systems engineers, I&T and Transition team members, as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs and tracking Action Items.
- Support to operational validation of releases, database maintenance, user administration, investigation of system anomalies and the raising, tracking and regression testing of Anomaly Reports.
- Provide training to Spacecraft Engineers and Online Operations Engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule..
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment..
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Top Secret security clearance required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations.
- Strong System engineering / SEIT skills.
- Experience supporting system engineering of ground systems development efforts including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Experience with Software Development Plans and Software Standards.
- Knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Experience in mission management, flight dynamics, or command & control domains.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in software engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management.
- Experience in developing specifications, design and analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions.
- Effectiveness in working with people at all levels and with outside customers, able and willing to contribute wherever and however needed, provide leadership and guidance to program activities and staff.
Current Clearance Required:
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between campuses and other possible locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.