Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations is critical in this company’s marketing organization and will be responsible for powering the engine that underpins all areas of marketing – B2B and across multiple products and solutions. We are looking for someone that has built, operated and scaled marketing technology stacks and related processes to drive demonstrable impact on the business, as well as identified and led training initiatives as required for the marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be a leader and strategic thinker, who is well-versed in understanding the big picture and related priorities, and then identifying how to impact this through operations. If you are analytical and growth-minded, enjoy trying new things, and proactively identifying opportunities that accelerate impact you will thrive in this role.
This role is located in Mountain View, CA – corporate headquarters.Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge And Skills:
- Technology – Develop and execute our marketing technology vision. Audit and evaluate existing marketing technology stack with respect to lead processing, measurement instrumentation, automation capabilities, and overall value to the business. Direct implementation of new technologies according to business goals
- Team - Manage one individual contributor, and assess the personnel needs of the team to support growth plans, as well as the use of contract resource
- Process – Establish processes to support a world-class marketing organization and enable efficiency both today and as the team scales. Work hand-in-hand with sales operations, and sales leaders to ensure an effective lead development and hand-off process that maximizes marketing RoI
- Analysis – Own the reporting engine and analysis for marketing programs, working with marketing managers to evaluate results and identify opportunities for growth and expansion
- Collaboration – Work cross-functionally, collaborating with key stakeholders to understand challenges and opportunities that marketing can impact
- Communication – Effectively communicate across the marketing and broader organization, sharing project updates, timelines, processes and results, whilst also championing the marketing team and demonstrating our impact on the business
- Lead Management: manage the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with sales and sales enablement teams. Develop, maintain, and report on lead quality and leads follow-up with Sales.
- Organic List Building: Work closely with marketing communications and product marketing to build a campaign target list, streamline the process to capture leads from events and/or marketing automation platforms, and ensure qualified leads are hands-off seamlessly from marketing to sales. Establish key shared success KPI metrics. Report on marketable database health and advise on list-building to increase marketable audience, especially for this company's key personas.
- Deep understanding of marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and other marketing and sales technologies (analytics, CMS, sales outreach tools, etc)
- Experience with account-based marketing practices, and tools and processes that support target account strategies
- A leader in marketing automation and demand generation best practices that will drive results
- Data-driven, analytical, with excellent attention to detail
- Practiced at leading teams with a growth mindset, and passionate about team learning and development
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Energetic, passionate, with an appetite to grow
- Experience with the following marketing systems highly preferred: Pardot, Salesforce, Asana, Smartsheets, DemandBase, Terminus, Zoom, etc.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Salesforce ecosystems including but not limited to Pardot, Seismic, Tableau Social Studio.
- Passionate about marketing technologies and demonstrate strong knowledge of marketing technology platforms (marketing automation, digital marketing tools)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Demonstrated success in developing strong working relationships
- Demonstrated success in the ability to lead projects and cross-functional teams
- A motivated, execution-oriented, high-performance individual with strong process and organizational capabilities and a desire to improve processes
- Proven track record in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with flawless execution
- High aptitude to learn and adopt new applications to improve efficiency and generate results
- Experience with defining and executing on data and analytics road map
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet, Asana or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and/or sales operations,
- 2+ years in a people management role