Engineer III, Software - Applications
The Engineer III, Software is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating and extending this company's products. This person is a highly skilled developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience in Healthcare or a related industry. This person works as part of a team to design and develop new products as well as maintain this company’s current portfolio.Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Collaborate with product management to understand business requirements and plan products and features
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Assist in providing technical leadership for the architecture, design, and implementation of this company's software solutions
- Aid in code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources once deployed
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and avoiding technical debt
- Significant experience building web-based applications and RESTful API’s
- Experience in many of the following areas:
- Deploying service oriented and microservices architectures
- Building event-driven architectures using messaging systems/service bus, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Shipping new features in a SPA environment.
- Deploying applications in the public cloud using technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Thoughtful about creating the right architecture but realizing the realities of having customers and the need to shipping software.
- Enjoy helping mentor junior engineers.
- A can-do attitude and ability to make a positive impact our culture.
- Understand agile and enjoy working in 2-week release cycles.
- Ability to always put the customer first.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in softwng
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience building web-based applications
- Master’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science
- 4+ year of Experience in C# and the .NET Framewor
- 6 months+ experience in .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with a microservices architecture
- 1+ years of experience in Angular 4 or above
- 1+ years of public cloud experience
- 1+ year experience healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI.
- 1+ year of inventory / warehouse management
- Onshore/Remote environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.