Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient nursing services and/or integrated outpatient- inpatient nursing services across the continuum of care within a Service Area or within a single medical center. Works with KFHP/H and the Medical Group staff developing strategic plans, providing quality care, cost effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
• Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services.
• Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies. Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies.
• Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
• Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site administrator.
• Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
• Directs the budget and resource allocations.
• Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
• This company conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, this company reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care.
• Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
• BSN or BA in health care related field required.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license required.
• BLS certificate required. Additional Requirements:
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. Preferred Qualifications:
• Master's degree preferred.