Our client in the financial industry is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Planning Analyst to join their team of talented professionals in Bethesda, MD.
In this critical role, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide key analytical and financial decision support to ensure the business achieves its company goals. The candidate will partner and support multiple finance managers to provide key insight into financial performance highlighting areas of improvement, identify root causes and partner with management on corrective actions and improvement plans.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Cloud Technologies and AWS a plus
- Business Analysis and Acumen: Personally models a rigorous discipline to solve complex challenges that cross over multiple domains; is decisive and can make difficult choices; applies analytical skills to broad business challenges; offers unique perspective and encourages insight generation in others; challenges others to stretch their thinking.
- Business expertise: communicates the story behind the numbers and makes a compelling case to a variety of audiences; effectively challenges others assumptions and redirects thinking; manages conflict and negotiates effectively.
- Has solid desktop and presentation skills, specifically strong Excel and PowerPoint skills enabling the ability to manipulate data in to understand overall results and trends and then package the data into effective
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Should know basic Excel formulas, lookups, and pivot tables
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience working with financial planning and reporting systems
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- MBA Finance or MS in Business Analytics or similar degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in Financial Planning and Analysis or in a Technology role managing the project financials of large initiatives
- Strong understanding of Technology Infrastructure and Development methodologies
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.