Senior Ground Software Engineer
This company is looking to expand our team with a talented and energetic software engineer to work on satellite ground system software on a cutting-edge program delivering new capability to the industry. This position consists of working on a tightly integrated team with compiled, web, and cloud technologies in a fast-paced Agile environment to deliver continuous innovation to our customers. What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Design and develop satellite command and control, mission planning, and data analysis software systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external customers to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Mentor junior engineers and lead developer teams, including decomposing and assigning tasks, reviewing work products, and tracking and reporting status.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Top Secret clearance required. SCI access preferred.
- Experience with satellite ground system development with a focus on distributed C2, data processing, or mission planning software.
- Experience with industry-standard ground systems such as COSMOS, ECLIPSE, OS/COMET, or OASIS.
- Experience delivering high-reliability software in an agile, team-based environment with a strong CI/CD workflow.
- Experience in one or more of the following technology areas:•Cloud development using AWS, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Web and REST service development using Spring, Jersey, Flask, CherryPy, or Ruby on Rails.
- Back-end development using SQL and NoSQL databases, and JPA/ORM.
- Modeling, planning, or scheduling software development in languages such as Java, C++, or Python•Proven leadership experience at the technical, team, or organizational levels.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between campuses and other possible locations may be required.