This position’s primary purpose is to plan and prepare production schedules for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to meet customer delivery requirements. This individual will plan, schedule, monitor and control flow of material ensuring production activities, product specification and deadlines are met. ACTIVITIES / TASKS
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Coordinate with production leadership daily to determine workflow and prioritization of production schedules across all product lines
- Utilizing SAP, perform all activities from order generation to order confirmation.
- Prepare and communicate daily production schedule to ensure on-time delivery of orders
- Collect, monitor and analyze data to control capacity risks, maintain site efficiencies and assure on-time delivery
- Monitor and adjust assembly/production schedules to ensure a proper supply of materials and assemblies are available at each phase of the process
- Responsible for the management of the scrap program from data collection to reporting.
- Gather and manage information to update production order status through production order confirmation (daily)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATION
- Thorough knowledge of ERP systems, supplier lead times, and production cycle times
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and written
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, SAP and/or equivalent software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn and maintain ample knowledge of our products, processes and services
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding of how to schedule and release all production jobs based upon knowledge of capacity, priority requirements, equipment and materials available while utilizing software such as Excel, MS Access, and other systems to provide continuous production flow and on-time delivery for our customers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- B.S. in Business, Production/Operations Management, or Planning
- At least 5 years of experience in production control, material planning, inventory management and/or purchasing (preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and factory environment with varying degrees of noise levels
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate