This company is deploys one of the largest implementations of Epic in the country, with the focus on keeping current with cutting edge technology, automated processes and individual training. We are seeking a senior level Epic Client System Administrator (ECSA) to add to our highly motivated team of 9 skilled and experienced engineers. The candidate will manage, analyze, architect and engineer the client, server and delivery infrastructure for Epic applications across the enterprise. This position will have some operational work, but will be more focused on designing, engineering, documenting, and at times implementing, updates and solutions for our client-server systems software such as Interconnect, Hyperspace, EPS, Web BLOB, Hyperspace Web and other Epic Windows based applications. Also assists other Epic 3rd party applications teams with their integration into Epic as needed which can include assisting with the design, architecture and documentation. The Senior Engineer strives towards the common goal of application performance, standardization, automation and efficiency. Additional knowledge of the inner workings of Epic systems, outside of the Windows based applications, is also needed.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to resolve complex technical issues, chronic problems, and technology integration challenges being experienced throughout the enterprise or having a major impact within an application or area. Performs complex and methodical troubleshooting and diagnoses and then implements solutions to assure all Epic Windows related problems are resolved.
- Present information in a clear, effective, logical, and persuasive manner. Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it effectively. Mentors other engineers, re-enforces team building and encourages growth and development of the team.
- May be required to travel up to 20% of work schedule.
- Will be part of an on call rotation and also participates, as needed, in critical incident and carries a pager or cell phone.
- Prepare, install, upgrade and/or distribute Epic applications on servers and clients including printing, faxing, imaging, business continuity systems, monitoring, web servers, communication systems and end user access.
- Keep current with the latest security best practices, and then recognize when those best practices need to be applied. This responsibility goes beyond simply applying software updates, but considers the multiple aspects and layers of security.
- Develop solutions to automate operational duties and monitor Epic infrastructure.
- Mentor junior members with adopting automation and move to adopting cloud technologies