We are seeking a Engineer 3 Server who will researching new technologies and upgrades and determining their effectiveness; engineering and integrating new and existing technologies, tools, and applications into this company's environment; documenting decisions, designs, and installation instructions; and training the appropriate internal resources. On call support is usually a requirement for an Engineer. These responsibilities span this company's System facilities throughout the Oregon region. At times, engineers will be expected to assist this company's IS employees in other service areas where PHP equipment resides.
An Engineer can advance through three defined levels of this job category. There are six (6) major areas of activity:
Education, Training, and Experience
IS Team Involvement and Interactions
Technical Skills Project/Support Responsibilities
Communication and Interpersonal Skills Business Knowledge
To advance, an employee must attain increased education, skills, knowledge and abilities and must demonstrate an ability to assume the increased responsibilities and accountabilities of the higher level as designated in this Job Category Description and on the Job Title Specification Sheet.
Each IS employee is expected to possess an understanding of this company's Plans and Information Services goals and strategies.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Provide leadership to others as demonstrated by:
- Provides technical support of production, development, and/or test Windows based and other client and server systems based OS, Citrix, Exchange Server, IIS, SAN, DNS/DHCP/WINS, Design and Architecture, Print Services, business critical applications and Anti-Virus deployment and support.
- Assists in the coordination and establishment of disaster recovery processes and business resumption planning across Windows based server platforms.
- Schedules, performs and maintains operation system installations and upgrades, as well as layered software packages, in accordance with established policies and performance levels.
- Monitors, evaluates and configures systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures server data integrity by evaluation, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operational procedures.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of Windows based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines. Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration library of all supported systems.
- Provides the highest degree of data security and integrity through diligent and daily monitoring of backup logs for each assigned server with action plans should such monitoring indicate a need to resolve a failure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of IT related experience or;
- Associate degree with 8 years of IT related experience or 10 years of IT related experience without a degree.
- 4 years industry experience supporting production level Windows servers in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience providing technical and/or work process guidance and direction to team members.
- Experience at creating, assigning and following up on task across multiple technology disciplines.
- Experience in two or more of the following sub-specialties associated with Windows based sever management: Active Directory, Virtual Machine, Linux-based OS, Citrix, Exchange Server, IIS, SAN, Back-ups, DNS/DHCP/WINS, Design and Architecture, Print Services, specific business critical applications, Anti-Virus deployment and support.
- Experience of the customers business (operational area supported).
- Information Services experience providing support in a healthcare industry setting.
- IT engineering certifications (MCSE, MCSD, or CNE) may be considered to supplement experience where the same or similar accountabilities could not be substantiated.