Responsible for the maintenance of blow molding department equipment, Responsible for maintaining associated budgets. Responsible for ordering, installing and maintaining functionality of all equipment. Supervises personnel in the designated maintenance department. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a manager, assures all plant safety/accident prevention policies are adhered to as stated in the employee handbook. This includes maintaining a safe work environment and safe work practices, accident investigation when necessary, and ensuring any outside contractors adhere to this company's policies and procedures in safety
- Responsible for communicating and establishing priorities for the maintenance staff.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes on parts and services and scheduling the delivery of items needed for functionality of equipment in a timely fashion.
- Obtain bids on construction and alteration on installation work as required. Recommends contractors based on cost, workmanship, and completion dates. Upon awarding the bid, is responsible for ensuring contractor(s) has written OSHA programs to follow and if not, ensures our information is agreed upon before starting the job, ensuring contractors are aware of and comply with plant GMP policies.
- Supervises the maintenance personnel scheduling hours worked and workload. Monitors for compliance with all programs and company policies. Ensures preventative maintenance program is updated and followed. Ensure safety procedures are followed and updated.
- Responsible for training of all maintenance personnel in the proper care and operation of tools and equipment while encouraging a team environment.
- Maintain and provide maintenance manuals for all pieces of equipment and up to date electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics for all machines.
- Review plant equipment, buildings, and maintenance practices for compliance with and adherence to State and Federal safety regulations.
- Follow continuous improvement philosophy and strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining maximum efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
: Direct supervisor of Department Maintenance employees. Qualifications:Education Required
: Degree in related Engineering discipline preferred.Experience Required:
Five to Seven years of industrial maintenance experience in a responsible supervisory position.
- Ability to shut down any machine if it poses an imminent danger to employee’s health and/or safety.
- Ability to shut down any machine because of a quality problem so suspect material can be contained.
- Ability to shut down any if it is down three times in one hour for the same mechanical problem.
- Authority to contact any staff or management team member with concerns, questions or suggestions pertaining to their job or work environment.
- Initiate Corrective Actions for violations of Company policies.
- Recommend hiring, termination and promotions of subordinates.
- Approve expenditures up to pre-determined amount identified by corporate guidelines without prior approval of Department Manager.