We are seeking a Design & Construction Manager PSJH who will be responsible for the day to day management of capital projects ranging in scope and complexity. This role is responsible for managing the budget, timeline, risks, and delivery of capital projects. Although this role does not have direct reports, the manager is responsible for the leadership of contractors and vendors and ensuring that these parties embrace our Mission and Core Values and deliver the project as contracted.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing project leadership, coordination, and facilitating teamwork of project teams to meet construction project goals.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining construction project budgets.
- Responsible for working with department managers, service line directors, and chief executives to develop project scopes.
- Responsible for developing and managing RFP's for architectural and general construction services. Review, score, interview and recommend for award.
- Participates in design meetings with architectural and end user teams.
- Review design documents for quality, ensure compliance with standards and local agency requirements.
- Responsible for developing project specific infection control procedures with safety and accreditation teams. Monitor compliance of procedures during construction.
- Review and approve architectural add services, construction change orders, invoices, and construction pay applications.
- Responsible for overall construction project schedule, budget, scope, and safety.
- Manages vendors to ensure top quality work is being performed in a timely manner to ensure good stewardship of financial resources.
- Accountable for clear communication with project vendors, engineering, information services, clinical engineering, accreditation, safety teams, local jurisdictions, internal project teams, supply chain, and senior leadership.
- Periodically inspect construction for quality and general conformance to design documents .
- Participates in furniture selection meetings, manages procurement and move in of materials.
- Coordinates internal teams including but not limited to information services, EPIC, clinical engineering, accreditation, safety and physical plant operations as they relate to projects and supply chain.
- Accountable for maintaining basic administration files relevant to projects.
- Responsible for coordination of final project move in and go live activities with all necessary parties and vendors. Coordination of moves for internal and external teams as well as physical move of employees.
- Accountable for ensuring a construction punch list is issued by architect and completed by contractor in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for completing the project closeout out process as outlined in the technical standard.
- Must be able to travel throughout region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team success and reflects this company’s Mission, philosophy, and Core Values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Business Administration or equivalent education/experience.
- 6 years experience in construction management.
- 3 years experience in healthcare construction management.
- Driver's License.
- Project Management Professional.
- Member of ASHE or DBIA.
- Experience with OSHPD.