Provide actuarial services to develop best-practice actuarial models and promote implementation Program-wide. Maintain accountability for the development of the organization's rate structure, maintenance of adequate reserves, and development of new products. Provide data/analytic expertise to support actuarial services including financial reporting, trend analysis, utilization studies, rate development and claims liability estimates.
• Evaluates product line performance and the risk and appropriateness of assumptions used in product development.
• Initiates and designs high priority primary research activities on behalf of clients.
• Addresses opportunities for process improvements and influencing change.
• Works on projects that require more complex planning and direction setting with diverse and multiple stakeholders.
• Analyzes the financial risks for various asset/liability matching scenarios and monitors the appropriateness of reserves. Serves as an expert on the current health care market.
• Helps identify key gaps in knowledge and needed research for Program and Regions.
• Guides clients away from redundant, non-strategic, cost-ineffective research.
• Sets priorities for all ad-hoc projects and analyses with key clients.
• Assists clients in strategic planning, marketplace analysis, estimating growth potential, product research, image and reputation analysis, brand building, and service performance and improvements.
• Makes initial determinations on reserves, dividend allocations, and surplus forecasts.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• Five (5) years of actuarial experience.
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science.
License, Certification, Registration
• Belongs to the Society of Actuaries with the designation of ASA (Associate).
• Ability to manage large, complex projects and oversee multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to apply advanced actuarial methodologies and their applications to solve business problems.
• Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts and explain to clients.
• Strong familiarity with the internal and external statistical plans and sources of data, and the use of spreadsheet applications.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Experience in both actuarial and business operations preferred.