Front End Engineer, Digital Innovation Team
At this company, we’re building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you’ll be part of a team passionate about technology and using it to modernize payments, and the overall banking experience. We build a wide variety of solutions from automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. We’re looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what’s happening.
Our Digital Innovation Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes “problem over process”. We’re huge advocates of open source and as a member of this team, you’ll need to be comfortable integrating and evaluating it to ensure the right tool is matched to the right problem.
As a team member, you’ll not only work innovative user experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but you’ll also be working with a team of people who represent some of the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the envelope. We have sessions designed each week to bring the team together to learn and discuss topics that are critical to our industry and the evolution of our systems. Add to that our open work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams.
So what will your first day look like? First off, you’ll get a 15” Mac and work with a mentor to pull the latest project from Git. Your assigned mentor is someone who stays with you throughout your first 90 days to help you gain familiarity with our teams, tools and environment. After that, we’ll have you meet with different members of the team and get to know their specialties, process and nuances of the job. By the end of day one, you’ll commit and push your first code to the repo. We call this our “pilot push” and it promotes our culture of rapidly iterating and making progress. Responsibilities
- Build UI interfaces using cutting edge technologies.
- Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Work in an iterative manner that fits well with the development practices and pace within the team
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team
- Conduct research and prototype new technologies that help to progress our products and platforms
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems, frameworks and abstractions
- Debug and address UI performance issues
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Experience in Design Patterns.
- End to End developing and shipping mobile applications with open source technologies.
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as node.js, React.js, Redux, Webpack, Babel, Gulp
- Experience in React Native and related technologies for shipping mobile applications.
- Commanding grasp of HTML5, CSS3, and related web technologies like SASS
- Experience shipping mobile applications to the mobile application stores.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience developing code across a full application stack
- Minimum three years relevant experience with advanced coding skills
- Experience designing and developing large distributed, mobile, or responsive web
- Experience working in a team-based, agile development environment
- Github profile with submissions to open source projects
What Are We Looking For in This Role?