Oversees and coordinates engineering project work to include the repair, upkeep of production equipment, and new installations of capital equipment. In addition, supports day to day troubleshooting of unplanned breakdown items that includes working in a cross-functional environment with Operations, and Maintenance. WHAT YOU GET TO DO
WHAT WE VALUE
- Ensure manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner consistent with plant, corporate and regulatory Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements with utmost regard for employee well-being and Food Safety, including, but not limited to, active involvement in plant EHS teams, machine assessments, employee job assessments, and thorough engineering project work.
- Actively supports the day-to-day operation to reduce unplanned downtime to drive OEE improvements. Maintains a supporting relationship with the Operation and Maintenance to improve uptime and eliminate equipment issues.
- Understand and operate within a multitude of drive and PLC platforms. Work directly with process control, automation, and facility systems. Create logic and programming to improve the performance of the Production equipment with the Safety of People and Equipment in mind.
- Actively involved in plant continuous improvement initiatives, including, but not limited to, Kaizen Teams, Safety Teams, 5S Teams, and/or CTO Projects.
- Determines customers' needs by identifying problems and/or business losses, developing and evaluating solutions thereby defining project scope.
- Establishes Project Team, facilitates and documents Project team meetings.
- Estimates cost necessary to accomplish scope with limited guidance from others.
- Develops and communicates project schedule with limited guidance from others.
- Develops, prepares and/or assembles the engineering package for each assigned project. This includes designs, calculations, layouts, schematics, manuals, etc.
- Determines the materials required for each project. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, issuing purchase requisitions, and expediting delivery when needed.
- Manages project costs, project scheduling and supplying pertinent communication for multiple complex and wide-ranging engineering projects that may vary in terms of scope and responsibilities.
- Completes Project Closeout and Post Mortem Analysis for appropriate projects.
- Provides project management training and support to develop skills of less-experienced members of the Engineering department.
- Communicates all appropriate information in a timely manner and fashion to the necessary people within and outside the organization.
- Interfaces with people, departments, and/or companies to ensure that equipment is made on schedule and to specification.
- Coordinates or assists with installation, checkout, start-up and training as necessary.
- Provides engineering support and troubleshooting to the plant when machine breakdown issues cannot be solved by maintenance.
- Provides oversight and assistance to the Maintenance Dept. (as assigned) to ensure equipment improvement programs and initiatives are standardized. Examples include: extrusion die inspections/die bluing/ upgrades and machine software/PLC upgrades.
- Assists, as necessary, in the interview process of candidates for filling openings within the department.
- Provides the purchasing services for project materials required. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, coordinating with the Purchasing Department, issuing purchase orders, some price negotiation, and expediting delivery.
- Demonstrate and foster Amcor Core Values and actively contributes to a high-performance culture.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Strong communication and team skills necessary in working with equipment suppliers and contractors and in sharing project information with internal departments.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft software, including Word and Excel. AutoCAD experience (or similar computer aided design software knowledge) is needed for design work and/or schematics. Engineers working on electrical systems need knowledge and experience with PLC and drive programming software.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively contribute to executing projects.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts and practices as they relate to this company's manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of safety, security and fire control systems and their appropriate government regulations and contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with all levels within the organization
- Adept at troubleshooting and ability to set direction
- Ability to adjust and adapt to fluid timelines and adjust personal schedules to meet project deadlines. On-call support will be required at times to support project questions and unplanned production downtime.
- A BSEE degree
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in manufacturing or experience in an equivalent Project Engineering role.